Welcome to our weekly column where we chow down on delicious food during our raid time to see how well it works for us, and how close we get to our hunger cap.
This week, we’re eating Pita Pizzas. In short, these are mini pita shells with pizza toppings inside. I had these thanks to the lovely rogue girlfriend Apirka, during our 25 man last Tuesday. Let’s look at the stats.
Cost: Around $6, with some ingredients left over.
Crafting Skill required: Level 5; some cooking required.
Mats required: Mini Pita Shells, pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni.
Time to craft: Around 30 minutes.
Taste stats: These taste like pizza. I’m a huge fan of pizza, so this ranks really high for me.
Ease to eat: Two-bite size, easily can be handled with one hand..
Time to eat: 30 seconds, two bites.
Buff (Nutritional Value): Surprisingly very healthy. Pita shells are good for you, tomato sauce is good for you, and pepperoni and cheese are’t that bad either. You can add other pizza topics as well, so it can be healthier.
Debuff: When these are hot, you get the goopy, stringy cheese that can cause a mess (just like pizza). when cooled down a bit though, everything stays in place really well.
Max FPS (Food Per Sitting): One plate/bag of pita shells.
Overall Food Level (fLvl): Rare These are fun to eat, taste good, and actually have nutritional value. Putting the debuff aside, assuming you give them a few minutes to cool down, this makes a great treat.
- 1 bag of Mini Pitas
- 1 small can of Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of diced pepperoni
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese, pizza sauce and pepperoni.
- Slice an opening around 1/4 to 1/2 the pita, along the edge, in each of the mini pitas.
- Put the mixture into a zip-lock bag, and zip it shut. Cut off one of the corners of the bag, so you can squeeze the toppings through. This is called pipping.
- Pipe the toppings into the pita shells.
- Place pitas on cooking sheet, and cook for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and chow down.
If you have any ideas for foods, feel free to PST in the comments, and we can group up and down them. We’ll log again for PVF next Monday, and we can level more then. Chow!